Jane’s Walk Festival is a global movement of festivals that celebrates various neighbourhoods through free, locally organized walking tours. If you are part of a professional theatre company or community group that is experienced in creating and producing performances, Jane’s Walk Festival invites you to participate in its annual 10 Minute Plays for Jane’s Walk in Calgary. How does it work?
- Complete an online application which can be found on Theatre Junction’s website and email the completed form to email@example.com. The application deadline is March 31, 2017.
- One or more members of your group must attend an event at the Theatre Junction Grand on April 4 where five groups will be chosen, by lottery, to participate.
- If your group is chosen, you will be assigned a neighbourhood to portray. You’ll have 1 month to create a 10-minute play highlighting any aspect of the neighbourhood you have been assigned. Plays can be funny, serious, informative, historic, or set in the present.
- On Saturday, May 6 your group will perform your play at the Theatre Junction Grand. Time slots will be announced on April 4.
- On Sunday, May 7 your group will perform your play in the neighbourhood you were assigned. You are welcome to create your own promotions for the play. You will have access to guidance on how and where to perform your piece but it is primarily up to your team to be as creative as you can possibly be.
Groups selected for this opportunity will be granted a $400 honorarium. Time to get started!