TikTok, what was once a place for rehearsed dance routines, has since blossomed into a community that will organically blow up the most random videos, dances and even recipes.
We’ve seen everything from Breakfast Tortilla Wraps to Dalgona Coffee, take the internet by storm, but these last few weeks this pasta recipe has blown up a new craze that everyones obsessed with and it’s the baked feta pasta.
This baked pasta dish was brought to everyones attention when Mackenzie Smith, the blogger behind Grilled Cheese Social, posted her Tiktok video that gained over 3million views and 270k likes. Since then, there are now thousands of people including Calgarians whipping up this dish for themselves and for their social feeds.
So is this Baked Feta Pasta worth all the hype? YES, it seriously is and heres our favorite version of the recipe:
– 500 grams of cherry/ grape tomatoes
– 4 cloves of fresh garlic
– 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 block of greek feta cheese!
– 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
– S & P
– 1/2 cup of medium length pasta. (we like rigatoni)
– Basil leaves. (optional!)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a baking dish, put tomatoes, feta in the middle, and garlic. Drizzle with about 1/4 cup of olive oil then bake for 40 minutes.
3. Boil your pasta in a large pot according to the instructions on the pack!
4. Mix in the feta while you smash up the tomatoes and garlic, toss that pasta in and mix well!
5. Top if off with the basil leaves and serve!
Seriously, it’s that easy. If you haven’t done it, do it! If you have, do it again and tag @YYCNow! Send us your Baked Feta Pasta photo & videos and we will embed the best ones below!