Your post must be of some relation to Calgary or Alberta and in some cases may relate to Canada as a whole. This may include but not necessarily be limited to articles/photo articles related to:
- Business Reviews + Ratings
- Health + Fitness
- Fashion + Shopping
- Your post must be original in it’s content and cannot have previously been published either on the internet or in print unless you own the rights to it.
- You must agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or Web site; however, you may post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post on the YYCNow website.
- You may provide up to three byline links: one for your blog or Web site, one for your bio or About page, and one for your Twitter/Instagram username (optional).
- Your post must be at least 75 words.
- Your post will preferably include at least one high-quality photo to match with it.
- We will copyedit your submission for grammatical errors, punctuation, spelling, et cetera. In the unlikely event that substantial changes must be made to your article, we will email the post back to you for your approval before posting.
- We may provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post.
The posts that we do approve of are decided upon our sole discretion.
We understand the work involved in crafting an article/post for a media outlet. Unfortunately, it is inevitable that some submissions will not be deemed appropriate for our website. We encourage you to submit your posts and you should not be discouraged if one of your posts is not selected. You are free to submit as many as you would like as long as you are not submitting the same article/text repeatedly, thereby considered “spamming”; this will result in a ban.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please email your submission to Info@YYCNow.com
- Be sure to include a one to two sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address, Twitter username and/or Instagram username.
Please include the post in the body of the e-mail or an attachment. Please do not include it as HTML coding.